Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Vernon Club.

Last night exceeded all my expectations! Good ole' Al and I went down to the Vernon Club on Story Avenue to watch Jukebox the Ghost perform live. The "club" is really the basement of a bowling alley, not just any bowling alley, but the oldest lanes in Louisville (1886). This certainly added charm to the whole evening. Highlight of the venue: (definitely) the saddle stools! Everytime I wanted to sit down, I just saddled up!



There was plenty of dancing and singing along to the sweet music of Jukebox the Ghost! If you haven't checked them out yet, you must! It will be worth it I promise. The new CD (below) is just as great as the first, if not better.

Admittedly hesitant to attend Jukebox's show at first, I now have no regrets! I never questioned my desire to see Jukebox the Ghost perform, because they are awesome no doubt, but I was slightly apprehensive to attend an impromtu high school reunion -- which is exactly what it was (Ben Thornewill went to Ballard). I was pleasantly surprised that the awkwardness I was expecting was completely bearable. In fact, it was fun to reconnect with old friends and find out where life has taken them. This growing up thing is funny like that.
_________________________________________________
All in all, it was an amazing night complete with a great place, music, and old friends. Who could ask for more?


No comments: