Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 in review.


a few of my favorite highlights from this past year...
and what a year it has been!! :)




JANUARY

On the 3rd, my darling proposed, to which of course I said YES!

MLK weekend was spent in San Antonio, TEXAS to visit wonderful friends.
We picked up some authentic Cowboy boots while there and rode a mechanical bull (of course).






FEBRUARY

We became busy, consumed in fact, by planning the wedding
but had some time to celebrate our dear friend, Kristen's birthday -- 80's style!
(Check out my denim rhinestone boots -- killer find at the local Goodwill.)






MARCH

Still filled with lots of planning, but we had time to celebrate
our engagement with family and friends
at a party thrown by my dear aunts, Florie and Debbie.





APRIL

Engagement photos with the incredible photographer Mary Lashbrook (now Lawson).


MAY

Showered by love as our big day drew near.
Thanks Blair, Andrew, Amanda, and Julio for throwing us this lovely shower.



JUNE

And then, wedding season began...

Wes & Char in California



Jimmy & Kate in Charleston, South Carolina



JULY

Our Wedding!! (& honeymoon!!)

New tattoos: of our wedding bands. LOVE!




AUGUST

Back to school for me, but this time as Mrs. Norton! :)
Started my Masters in Education at Bellarmine University.
Took a quick trip to Chicago for Lollapalooza!
My Faves: Mumford & Sons, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Phoenix



SEPTEMBER

Took a trip to Glen Arbor, Michigan with dear friends. So much fun!

Fell in love with Cherry Republic and sand dune climbing.
Attempted to water skii -- don't want to talk about it.




OCTOBER

My Great-Aunt Sharon turned 80!

Went to NYC/DC on a quick weekend trip to visit
Al's cousins Fred & Margie
and then my sweet cousin Cara & her beau, Mac.


And one of our favorite couples got married on the day before Halloween --
unfortunately, I have no pictures (fail.)
But it was a BLAST!


NOVEMBER

Grad school finals were approaching so there was not much socializing to be had.

We hosted our first (annual) Thanksgiving potluck!
Alex roasted his first turkey.

Thanksgiving was spent in Indianapolis with the fam.

My cousin, Ethan, turned sweet sixteen!



DECEMBER

Our first married Christmas.

It was wonderful in every way.



I feel so blessed to reflect upon 2010.
Thank you Alex for marrying me and to all who helped us get there.


Happy New Years!!

No comments: