Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Highlights

We had a FULL weekend and loved every second of it.
Here are some of our highlights:


F.A.T. Friday Trolley Hopping with Katey & Kyle.
We found some pretty spiffy hats & shades in Elizabeth's.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My cousin, Brooke, and I went to Zappo's outlet store on Saturday.
It was so much fun and we scored some sweet deals.


I purchased both of these beauties.



I really wanted to get the ones above for Al but when I sent him the picture,
he said he liked them but didn't need them. 
He has amazing willpower, something I apparently lack.


Brooke got these adorable Kate Spade wedges. 
We both concluded they are very "her".

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Later on Saturday, Alex and I dropped off some purged items at Goodwill.
We took a gander inside and look what he found.
A terrific Sean John ladies denim jumper.


I am so thankful he humored me and tried it on right then and there.
I was literally about to pee my pants from laughing so hard.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From there we stopped by his grandma's house to visit with out of town family.
This sweet cousin was in town.
{Shea was the flower girl in our wedding.}
We played and played and played.







+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That evening we attended a 30th birthday "jorts" party.
{jorts = jeans + shorts}
I did not take as many pictures as I should have 
because there were some amazing men in jorts
but the few I did snag were quite gems.
I am thinking they might even be Christmas card material ;)





++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sunday was filled with volunteering in the nursery at church
and attending church service.
I don't usually give shout outs to our church
but I just have to this week.
The most recent series, AHA, by Kyle Idleman is unbelievably rich
and well worth watching if you are interested. 
{The link for AHA should take you to the sermon video.}

Then, Alex and I had a nice nutritious and delicious 
FroYo lunch at Menchie's.




Alex got Red Velvet and Cookie'n'Cream with 
hot fudge, marshmallow sauce, and too many goodies to recall.

I got Red Velvet and Dulce de Luche
with blueberries, strawberries, and cinnamon toast crunch.






No comments: