Sunday, October 2, 2011

Showering Sweet Eli

One of my very best friends is expecting her first child. 
I could not be more excited for Katey 
and the beautiful girl that will be on her way in January.
Katey and I have been friends for almost 20 years
and it is such an incredible blessing to watch her handle her pregnancy like a pro.
Her little girl is going to be named after Katey's grandmother, Mary Elizabeth,
but they are going to call her Eli. {Adorable.}

Last night a college friend of Katey's and I hosted a baby shower
for the beautiful mom-to-be.
As the co-host, I failed to take pictures during the shower but I do have 
some of the decorations before everyone arrived.
The shower was loads of fun and I am excited to have more coming up!



We set up onesie & bibb decorating stations,
complete with fabric paint, stamps, ribbons, and fabric.





After guests painted a onesie or a bibb, 
we hung them on a clothing line to dry.
It was so fun to see what everyone created 
and it was a great way to decorate the space!





I made a banner that Katey will be able to hang in Eli's nursery
to welcome her sweet little girl home.




I also made a wishing tree to put in Eli's nursery
and Jenn made a diaper cake filled with practical treasures 
like burping cloths, a bottle brush, and pacifiers.
I had never heard of a diaper cake before and when Jenn first mentioned it,
I naively thought it was an actual cake in the shape of a diaper.
Thank goodness I was wrong. 
She did an incredible job and I love how Katey can use everything in it!




The cupcakes were from Sweet Surrender and were perfect in every way!





Sweet Jenn and her handsome stud, Killian,
were so amazing to work with. 
I am not sure how I would have hosted my first baby shower without her.



And... check out all those gifts!!!


The glowing mama opening her sweet gifts with such joy and grace.
All I can say is Eli is going to be the best dressed babe in town!


I am sad that I didn't get a picture with Katey and me at the shower
but I can not tell you how excited I am to welcome Eli to this world.
She sure is going to be loved by many!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful shower!!! y'all did a great job! those are gifts she will always remember! :) i would love to see a tutorial on your wish tree or the diaper cake!

Blair said...

The decorations look amazing! Great job, sister! I'm sure Katie had a blast and was so thankful for you :)