Saturday, December 22, 2012

Student Work: Creative Colorwheels

*I am a little behind in sharing my student work with you all.
I have a great group of budding artists this year.
Hopefully, this won't be the last update over Winter Break
but I am learning my need to not make any promises ;)*


My Art I class explores a variety of media and processes throughout the year.
One of my absolute favorite units is on color theory.

To start the unit the students study color and its properties, including value,
and then create a color wheel demonstrating their understanding
of primary, secondary, and tertiary colors
and their corresponding tints, shades, and hues.

Students are only given the primary colors (red, yellow, and blue) + black & white
and must mix all secondary & tertiary hues and all tints & shades.

The shape and theme of the color wheel
is left up to their creativity.

Here are my favorites:




No comments: