Friday, February 1, 2013

Nothing but Nesting: Day 1

Nesting is no joke.
I have felt this very strong compulsion to clean and organize
 like nobody's beez-nees
now that I am late in the 2nd trimester.
{I am officially in the 3rd trimester today, actually!}

The amount of tasks I want to accomplish 
before G makes her debut
is just a tab bit overwhelming.

Inspired by Apartment Therapy's January Cure Series,
I thought I would start chronicling my nesting experience 
to let you in on the craziness that has overcome my brain
and to help keep me focused and on track.

The first order of business...

Making a list.

Basement 
 -Rearrange furniture
-Make guest bed
-Deep clean bathroom
-Organize clutter in unfinished section
-Organize desk to file important documents

Downstairs Closet
-Organize & de-clutter

Kitchen
-Organize platter cabinet
-Deep clean refrigerator & freezer
-Organize & toss expired products in pantry
-Find art for main wall

Family Room
-Art & baskets to make room cozier

Stairs
-Order basket for daily junk

G's Room
-Deep clean
-Wash sheets, burp cloths, bibs, etc.
-Hang artwork
-Organize bookshelf 
-Organize closet

Guest Room
-Organize closet
-Toss unwanted items (books, frames, etc) from bookshelf

Upstairs Bathroom
-Organize closet & toss unwanted products
-Deep clean cabinet drawers

Master Bedroom
-Go through clothes/jewelry/accessories & donate unwanted items
-Utilize under bed storage
-Wash quilt & pillow shams


Oy! 
I am tired just looking at my list.
I kept each room to 5 tasks or less.
I want to tackle 9 rooms in 12 weeks.
Wish me luck and please send any helpful advice my way!



No comments: