Saturday, March 8, 2014

Mono for Mono

I have been toying with the idea of posting outfit posts on the blog this year.

I find it hilarious/humbling that the week I decide to take a cue from Nike and "just do it,"
this is what I have been rockin':




So without further adieu, my monochromatic outfit today is quite meaningful.
It symbolizes by current health situation.
I have MONO, as in mononucleosis. 

Can we just say, "Oy-to-the-VEEEEEEEY"!?!
AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

I have been feeling really rundown lately.
I thought it was somehow related to my Celiac,
especially because my stomach has been swollen and in pain.
But, nope, turns out I have mono --
(and turns out the stomach swelling is due to a swollen spleen
which is also a symptom of mono. Who knew? Not I.)

I went to the doctor to have my thyroid checked {could be related to Celiac},
and thankfully, my doctor was wise enough to check for mono as well.
Turns out my thyroid came back normal,
but I am in the early stages of mono. 
Joy. (please read with sarcasm)

The only cure for mono is rest,
which is not really easy to come by for a working-mom like myself.
I am going to be intentional about laying low for the next few months,
hoping to kick this mon-obnoxiousness to the curb! 

No comments: