Wednesday, July 22, 2015

According to Greta


While riding in the car:
GG: A, b, c, d, e, f, g ... h, i, j, k, lmnop ... q, r, s ... t, u, v ... w, x ... y, z ...
Now I know my abc's, next time won't you sing with me ...
and that's how you spell BOY!



While on a walk, GG stops to point out some ants:
GG: Look! Caterpillars!
Me: Oh, where? (obviously we were looking at ants)
GG: Right there! (pointing to the ants)
Me: GG, those are ants. Remember?
GG: No. Caterpillars.
Then she proceeds to run away flapping her arms like a chicken
while sounding very much like a monkey.
GG: OOO, OOO, OOO, AHH, AHH, AHH




When we were in Charleston, I couldn't attend most of the dinner outings
due to online graduate classes. So the one night I could attend,
I went all out with a fancy little jumpsuit.
Greta looked at me and said
Mommy, you are a pretty princess.
Me: Thanks, Greta. You are a pretty princess too.
GG: That's really cute!




While in bed snuggling, Greta grabbed my face between her hands and said:
Look at your blue eyes. 
 (looking at her speechless but with a smile) Me: 
(touching my hair) GG: Look at your hair.



No comments: