Saturday, January 1, 2011

NYE Spinach Feta Rolls

One of my closest friends, Amanda,
gave me this lovely recipe.

See, the thing about Amanda is she gets me, truly gets me.
She understands that I don't really like to cook and
that being married wasn't going to change that.
She also knows I am a very picky (vegetarian) eater.
She also understands that like most adult women,
I was going to be expected to be able to whip up a homemade dish
at some point in my life for some event.

So she gave me the recipe to her Spinach-Feta Rolls.
I brought them to the NYE potluck along with the Strawberry cupcakes.



It is quite a simple recipe but produces the most delicious appetizer.

Ingredients:

Frozen bread dough
(found in the frozen bread aisle at Kroger, who knew?)
1 pkg. of sliced Provolone Cheese
1 pkg. frozen spinach
6 oz. crumbled feta cheese

Directions:

Thaw bread dough & spinach according to directions on packages.
Preheat oven at 350*.
Knead bread dough.
Flatten dough - create a rectangle the size of a cookie sheet.
Lay provolone slices on bread dough.
Layer spinach on top of provolone.
Sprinkle feta on top of spinach.
Roll bread dough (long end to long end).
Brush with egg wash.
Bake in the oven at 350* for 30 minutes.

Let cool, then slice.



Amanda even drew little pictures for me on the recipe card.
I am telling you -- she gets me.

Thanks Amanda!!

No comments: