Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Today is my daddio's 59th birthday!


Papa P --

It has been and is quite wonderful having you as my father
and I am so proud to call you my own.
You have allowed me to grow with you;
always so careful not to stifle my creativity or individuality.
You have given me constant encouragement and guidance, never letting me give up,
as we have journeyed through this life together.
Your open heart and open mind
have great compassion and love for others.
You have made it clear that no one is perfect 
and often remind me that we must always accept people as whole, which includes their flaws.
You have taught me that imperfections are actually quite beautiful 
because that is what makes us human; that is what all of mankind shares.




Thank you for all that you have taught me.

My apologies for

still hating time in the kitchen, 
despite your best efforts.
Thanks for trying to teach me to cook
but I much prefer to watch you delight in your God-given talent
and devour the scrumptiousness of your meals.

With much love,
Tay



No comments: