Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Nothing but Nesting: Day 4

Lessons Learned....


The microwave "steam clean" floating around Pinterest works!
1 cup vinegar + 1 cup water
Microwave 10 minutes

The solution steam cleans the inside of the microwave,
making it very easy to wipe away crust and gunk.

However, let me serve as your model of what NOT to do.
If you use a glass measuring cup like me,
don't go grabbing the GLASS handle with your BARE hands.
DUH!?!?!
This should have been obvious but I burned the buh-gee-bees out of my hand!
Also, start wiping from the top, then the sides, and then the bottom. 
This is another obvious DOY!?! tip,
but I started at the bottom and then had to rewipe it
after gross gunks fell down while cleaning the top.







 
Shelf risers make all the difference.
We got a set from Walmart for about $10
and have now maximized the storage space in our kitchen cabinets.

 
This was especially helpful considering
we do not have an official pantry,
and have designated the two cabinets in the first photo as our "pantry".
With the addition of our shelf risers, we can really pack a lot in there.






Another Pinterest recipe success!

Alex and I put this homemade grout cleaner to the test!
Well, let me clarify...
Alex put this homemade grout cleaner to the test!
I just shared the recipe with him. ;)

Our results were not as dramatic as the Pinterest picture
but were good nonetheless.


After cleaning the grout,
Alex then sealed it using a pre-made solution
that was easy to swipe and wipe.

I am hoping this will prevent spills from staining our grout
especially as G grows into a toddler.




No comments: