Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Awkward & Awesome

Awkward
Eating handfuls of the ever-so-nutritious M&M's during class
to keep me motivated and energized throughout the day.
While this is awkward enough,
(picture huge heffer shoveling chocolate down her throat
while teaching high schoolers how to draw the halls in linear perspective --
What's that Johnny?... (crunch crunch crunch)
You need help? (crunch)
Ok, let me grab some more M&M's (crunch crunch)
and then I will be right there to shovel them in my mouth (crunch crunch crunch)
while I point at things to tell you to draw (crunch crunch))
But the truest awkward moment came when
one of my shoveled handfuls didn't quite make it to my mouth.
Luckily, I was not in the middle of quasi-helping a student
when one of my treasured M&M's dropped down my shirt
and situated itself in my bra.
However, I couldn't just dig in there and get it out in front of my students.
I mean, I have to maintain some sliver of dignity in these final weeks of pregnancy.
So, I decided to wait until that class period was finished
and planned to go to the bathroom to retrieve the lone candy piece.
But then I forgot it was there.
So many many hours later
when I had the chance to glance down there,
I found my friendly M&M resting between my bosoms.
(Don't worry... I didn't eat it.
But I may or may not have considered it!)



++++++++++++++++++++++



This isn't really awkward but it's just not awesome...
Having my check engine light come on.
I am so thankful that we have had the time to take it to the shop
before Greta is here but spending $300
on some plugs and wires is never fun.



+++++++++++++++++++++




Finding out this morning that what I thought was GG's booty
turns out to be her head!
Yup, my baby is breech.
I have been "spanking" her head all this time.
Poor child.
We have a scheduled c-section for Friday, April 26!



Awesome

Having our house professionally cleaned.
Seriously, the best gift a husband could give a pregnant and nesting wife.

No comments: