Thursday, April 25, 2013

GG's Nursery

Nothing like waiting until the last minute to share the details
of our baby girl's nursery.
It has been ready for a while now but I just kept forgetting to take pictures.
I hurried through the room with my camera yesterday
so I apologize if any details are missing.
 
We plan on this room being the nursery for as long as we stay in this house.
For that reason, we have kept things pretty neutral in case our next babe is a boy.
 
 
 
 
^^^ I am somewhat obsessed with wreaths. ^^^
I found this one made of twigs at Hobby Lobby in the clearance section.
My dear friend, Kelly, made the bows as decorations for GG's baby shower.
They were too precious not to reuse in her nursery.
I picked my favorite two bows and simply hot glued them to the wreath.
 
 

^^^ We got her crib on one of our IKEA trips.^^^
We love grey, obvi, so we picked the grey-brown wash.
I love how simple it is and apparently it turns into a toddler bed
but I have no idea how just yet.
 
The bedding is from Land of Nod.
I love the patterns but am a little disappointed with the fit.
My perfectionistic brain can hardly handle the white
that shows from the top of the bedskirt.
And, I am sure this was my fault for not paying attention to the details when I ordered it
but the bedskirt has panels on all four sides,
making it difficult to position under the mattress evenly
since our crib is closed on both sides.
 

 

^^^ My mom {aka Gigi} gave us this PB Kids rocker ^^^
 when we officially made it through the first trimester.
For a while, it was really the only furniture in the room.
I absolutely LOVE it!
We also ordered the legs that go with it,
so when we are finished with rocking babes
we can replace the rockers with legs
and use it as a regular chair within our home.

^^^ My dad {aka Papa P} bought GG her PB Kids quilt ^^^
and Gigi embellished the lampshade sitting behind the rocker.



^^^ Next to the rocker, we placed a small end table from IKEA^^^
with a coral tray from Target which holds a beautiful Bible verse {from Kelly & Amanda},
GG's pacis {in a jar from Home Goods}, and her iPod dock/sound machine.

 


^^^ We snagged the round rug at a garage sale in the spring.^^^
The two ottomans below the window are from Overstock.com
and the grey ruffle curtains are from Urban Outfitters.
 
My brother and sis-in-law gave us the animal prints for Christmas.
They are so precious!
We have 4 total: a lamb, piglet, fawn, and kit {baby fox}.
We framed them in white IKEA frames.

 
 
 
^^^ Our dresser is also IKEA. ^^^
{We really made the most of our two trips during pregnancy.}
My bro and sil also gave us the "G is for greta" print
which we put in a gold frame from Home Goods.
The changing pad is secured to the dresser with rug grippers
and the cover is from Land of Nod to match the crib sheet.
The dresser handles are from Anthro
and the mirror is from Home Goods.


^^^ Next to the dresser we have a wicker chair that I have had since high school. ^^^
I think it is from Pier 1 but I am not 100% sure about that.
The pillow was a gift from Al's parents from Urban Outfitters
and the sheep skin is from IKEA.
We ordered the green morrocan pouf from Overstock.com.

 

^^^ GG's bookshelf is {surprise, surprise} from IKEA ^^^
and so is her little wicker chair.
The coral pillow is from Target.
The owl hooks on either side of the book shelf were a gift from my aunt
from the local shop, Work the Metal.

 
I sure hope our little princess enjoys her room.
We can not wait to meet her tomorrow
and hopefully show it to her Monday!

No comments: