Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Honest Truth

It's true.
Ashamedly, I'll admit it's true...
...I used to text and drive.

Not a lot, but enough.

Enough to make me stop and think twice
about responding to that text message while the light turns green
now that another human life is my responsibility.

Enough to make me vow to keep my cell phone
 tucked away in my clutch
in the diaper bag 
in the backseat of my car
just to break the habit.

So, friends, I apologize if you become frustrated with me
for not promptly responding to your messages as I have in the past.
I know. I know.
I am already impossible to get a hold of via phone call
and texting is my main means of communication
but now that I have a little one's safety at my mercy,
the texts will be delayed,
and the calls put on hold...
...at least while I am driving.


No comments: