Monday, September 16, 2013

The Honest Truth

 
  
A flood of emotions have overcome me since the diagnosis,
and I am left sort of speechless.


All I can say at this point is the following:


1. My husband is a rockstar.
I have been testing the waters
with the whole in sickness and in health vow.
Alex has complained very little about the large food groups
that keep disappearing from our diet.
He has been totally on board with meal planning
and has been such an encouragement to me
when the days are just really tough.


2. I am overwhelmed.
I know there are so many resources out there
that I have yet to discover,
but I feel really lost
and out of control.



3. I am relieved.
I have been living with chronic stomach pain
for as long as I can remember.
Last summer, I had a number of tests and biopsies done
to rule out some serious digestive disorders
and everything kept coming back clear.
While I was certainly relieved,
at the same time I was super frustrated to not have answers.
Now that I know, I can do something about it.
That makes me feel a little more in control.



4. I am thankful.
While I do not take pleasure in anyone else's pain,
I know I am not alone in this which is comforting.
I am thankful for the friends who also have celiac or other food allergies.
Their support and advice during this major life change has been appreciated.
One of my friends even sat down with me to discuss food options
and helped walk me through some healing strategies.




5. I can relate to all of these.



 
 


No comments: