Thursday, February 28, 2013

Awkward & Awesome

Awkward

The amount of effort and positioning
 it requires to put on socks and shoes.
Being pregnant through the winter has definitely had its advantages:
the extra warmth 20+ pounds provides,
layered clothing that easily disguises a growing bump,
hibernation.
But I will say,
I really wish to walk around in some flip flops right about now.



The pregnancy "funk" that is emitted from my body
{particularly from the arm pits}.
Wheweeeee!
I could crush any of my freshman boys {after gym class}
in a B.O. contest.
TMI?!
Probably!
But, unfortunately, it's true.

 

Awesome

Being complimented on my day-old-and-dirty-as-can-be hair
that had not been brushed at all {not even a single strand}.
I am thanking my lucky stars that even one person thought
this look was acceptable,
and out of the kindness of his heart fibbed said it looked good,
 because that was all the positive reinforcement I needed
to sport it for the next several months,
maybe even for the rest of my life ;).


Sharing an entire tub of movie theater popcorn
{you know the one that has 300,000 calories}
with my bestie for dinner
while seeing Safe Haven last week.
AND the most awesome part:
we definitely took advantage of the free refill.
No shame.




No comments: