Sunday, March 3, 2013

BaBy-Q

My dearest friend, Amanda,
and my sweet s-i-l, Blair,
hosted the most adorable BaBy-Q themed shower
 for our little Miss Greta Grace
last Sunday evening.
  
 
 
 The spread was absolutely delicious!
And, if I wasn't already inflicted with Spring Fever,
 the summer-inspired feast got me really craving the warm sunshine.
It was refreshing to eat summer favorites at the end of February.
I highly recommend we do this every year, shower or not,
as a way to officially kick winter out the door
and usher in Spring with open arms.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 
 
The table's centerpiece was a hand-painted {by Amanda} wooden name puzzle.
She ordered the customized wood puzzle from Etsy
and then hand-painted it according to G's nursery.
I mean, seriously, can you think of a more thoughtful gift?!?
I am overwhelmed with gratitude.
It is so precious, I really don't know if I will ever let G actually play with it.
 
 
{Also, I may or may not steal this idea for other/future littles. Thanks, A!} 
 
 
 
 
The dessert table was obviously my fave {my sweet tooth has been insatiable}!
The colors {yellow & grey} were prefectly coordinated,
and each treat was oh-so savory and sweet!
 
 
Greta's cake was even more delicious than it looks!
All that icing made me and baby girl
VERY HAPPY!
 
 
In addition to having the most delicious cake ever,
the girls ordered beer-flavored cake balls.
Despite not being a fan of beer,
these cake balls were ah-maaazing.
By the time I tried them,
I wished I hadn't eaten my weight in cake and icing
because I really could not put another bite of food in my body
and they were sooooo good.
The ladies were kind enough to send us home with some extras
which I thoroughly enjoyed the very next day! 
 
 
 
 
I tried to make a concious effort to take pictures
during the party but of course I failed miserably.
Check out more pics of the beautiful shower on Blair's blog.

^^^ The Piazza's ^^^

^^^ Al's brother, Andrew, with his precious son, Eli ^^^

^^^ Amanda & Julio ^^^
I love this couple!

^^^ Teacher friends ^^^
Kelly, Jonathan, Me, Amanda

 

^^^The gracious hosts with Al & me ^^^
We are holding an adorable, hand-made {by Blair} "Greta" banner.
I wish I had taken a better picture of it but I plan to be put it in her nursery,
so I will be sure to show you pics later.
 
 
The whole evening was absolutely lovely.
I loved having a co-ed shower
with my man by my side.
 
 
Thank you, Amanda and Blair,
for putting together a very thoughtful and fun evening
in honor of our little miss.
Greta is truly blessed to have one of you as her aunt
and the other as her "auntie".
And, I am truly blessed to have you both as friends and sisters.
We love you!!
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Blair said...

Glad to help celebrate little Greta! It was such a fun night :)

Jeff Perellis said...

Such fun!