Monday, May 13, 2013

Awkward & Awesome

Awkward

It was so much fun having my brother, sister-in-law, and sweet baby nephew in town for Mother's Day but when I first laid eyes upon Macklin (14 months old) I swear to God he looked like a giant. Me, with no filter, of course had to proclaim, "OMG! He looks like a 16 year old!!" I am sure that made no one feel good, especially his parents. As the weekend went on, I realized that he is in fact the perfect size for his age and it was just compared to our petite little one that he seemed so huge. {My mom kept saying, "Just wait until you have another one. You are going to think the same thing about Greta one day."}


About half-way through our family walk in the park on one of the cooler days this weekend, Greta let us know that she was not feeling the chilly, fresh air. We were pretty far from home and as she became more and more upset, so did I. Without much thought, I just scooped her up and carried her the rest of the way home as Alex pushed our empty stroller. Everything was just dandy now that she was content until a lady running in the opposite direction approached us. After finding out GG was only two weeks old, she asked to smell our baby. She was kind enough not to touch Greta but she really did get a good whiff. Strangers can be such oddballs sometimes!



Awesome

Not sure if you are aware or not, but I am a MOM! It was really cool to be included in the Mother's Day celebration this year. It has absolutely been the most physically demanding transition of my life but every time I hold GG in my arms, or heck!, even look at her, my heart melts and the physical hardships become meaningless. She is absolutely a gift from God and He is already teaching me so much through her. Her middle name is so fitting for the Lord has been mighty gracious to us in giving us our sweet Greta girl.


Finding out that our nephew, Macklin, will have another little BOY to run around with come September.
Well, I guess it might take a while before the new little can really run around with him but, nonetheless, Macklin is going to have a little brother. He was super intrigued by GG this weekend and kept pointing to her as we said, "Baby". He is going to be a wonderful older brother and I am so excited to watch those two boys grow up only 18 months apart. Oh, the fun {and trouble} they will get themselves into!

No comments: