Monday, August 19, 2013

Awkward & Awesome

Last week was a whole lot of awkward, 
so I thought I would follow up this week with a whole lot of awesome.



Awesome


With GG's food allergies, I could not give her the milk I pumped and froze
prior to starting my elimination diet. 
At first I was heartbroken.
As many mama's will tell you,
breast milk is liquid gold.

Liquid GOLD, I tell ya.

A lot of sweat and tears {no blood though, thank goodness!}
goes into pumping and storing milk.

I had been diligent about pumping since GG was 2 weeks old 
to ensure I would have an ample supply for daycare when I returned to work.
Cue the tears when I realized that the majority of my pumped milk 
could not be fed to my baby since it was contaminated with the very foods to which she is allergic.

Don't worry, I know this is kind of a downer so far but
I promise this ends up being awesome.

A friend suggested that I donate my breast milk to a baby in need via Human Milk 4 Human Babies .
I'm not going to lie, at first, I was a little hesitant. 
There is something about breast milk that seems so... well, personal. 
After thinking about it for a few days, 
 I joined the Facebook group for our region, stalked people's posts, 
responded to a mother in my area, set up a time with her to do the hand off, 
and successfully donated my breast milk.

And, I am really glad I did.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


In my attempt to be cool,
I follow a few style bloggers on Instagram.
Stalking their adventurous and extremely well-curated lives via the gram
allows me to live a much, much cooler life vicariously through them.

But my fantasy would came to a screeching halt 
when they all starting using some secret hashtag {#ootd} last week.

For a few days, I tried to figure it out on my own.
But after a while I was tired of being stumped and
just succumbed to my uncoolness and googled #ootd.
This led to an awesome discovery: internetslang.com
Essentially, this is the hashtag guide for dummies.
I quickly found out that #OOTD stands for Outfit Of The Day.
#YSVW.


No comments: