Monday, September 30, 2013

Awkward & Awesome

Awkward

Last week was spirit week at NOHS, as you may recall. 
Part of the tradition here at North is to dress in costume 
as specified for each day of the week during spirit week.
For example, "Decades Day" or "Tacky Tourist Day"
Well, Wednesday, was "Holiday Day". 
I usually do not participate in the dressing up
but I happened to be wearing a green sweater that day
and I happened to have a headband with antlers in my classroom.
So, I thought, why not?

Well, I put them on at the beginning of school and never really thought about them again.
That is, until in 2nd period a student approached my desk and complimented me on my antlers,
to which I had no idea what he was talking about.

It went something like this:

Student (enthusiastically): Hi, Mrs Norton! I like your antlers.
Me: (furrowed brow + puzzled glare) ...
Student (timidly): I like your antlers... 
Me: (blank stare)
Student: You know, the antlers on your head? (pointing)
Me: (SO EMBARRASSED) Oh, thanks!






Awesome

Speaking of headbands, 
GG was gifted this super cute headband from Headbands of Hope.
Since floral head gear has sort of become GG's thing,
it was really cool to learn about this organization.
Headbands of Hope is similar to Toms in that for every headband you purchase, 
one is given to a girl with cancer. 
Additionally, $1 from each headband sold is donated to
 raise money for childhood cancer research.



No comments: