Thursday, October 24, 2013

Meeting Demps & Other Celebratory Things

My heart could burst 
with adoration and love
for my newest nephew,


On Friday, we headed up to the windy city,
well to be honest to a suburb just outside the windy city,
to be with my brother and his family of FOUR!
{They moved outside of Chicago the same weekend Greta was born,
and we haven't had a chance to travel north to see their house,
so this was not only the first time meeting Dempsey, 
but also the first time seeing their new house in person.}

^^^ GG bundled up to head north ^^^

^^^ Burp stop on the ride up ^^^



^^^ GG melting her momma's heart on our little road trip ^^^



^^^ In addition to celebrating my bro's new digs ^^^
and the birth of my new nephew,
we also celebrated my mom's 60th birthday!


^^^ Her birthday gift from me ^^^
was holding Dempsey first.
The baby hog in me was convulsing in selfishness
but being the loving and thoughtful daughter that I am, 
I lived with my sacrifice to make her the happiest in the whole world.

^^^ Meeting Demps for the first time ^^^
Oh, the joy!





^^^ Baby swap! ^^^



^^^ My bro and GG straight up chillin' with curious little Macklin at their feet.^^^


^^^ Macklin being a great helper; ^^^
GG absolutely petrified!



^^^ DK, the cutest kid on the block ^^^






^^^ Brothers ^^^


^^^ Macklin trying to squeeze that sweet tush in G's Bumbo seat ^^^

^^^ SMOOCHES from MR. MAGOO ^^^


^^^ Little Demps was WORN OUT all weekend long. ^^^
He couldn't hang with the big kids, but it's ok because he is the cutest!
I mean... look at those lips!


^^^ GG adores Macklin ^^^
Wherever he went, her eyes were sure to follow.
I can't wait to see them grow up together.

^^^ Nugget ^^^

^^^ Giddy up, Cowboy Mack! ^^^



^^^ Ready for a little family walk in the neighborhood ^^^



^^^ B & C have an amazing pool and killer playground in their neighborhood. ^^^
We will most definitely be returning next summer to check them out!




^^^ This boy had SO much fun at the park ^^^




^^^ GG had a good time too ^^^





^^^ This picture cracks me up! ^^^
Alex had just pulled the trigger on a helicopter-type toy
that went flying straight up in the air.
Alex is looking at the 'copter way up high,
while Macklin is in a mad dash to catch it ...
somewhere else.









^^^ D & G ^^^
{not the designers}


^^^ Sweet Demps ^^^





^^^ GG with her boys ^^^

 ^^^ M sharing with G ^^^




^^^ Macklin on his exercise ball ^^^

^^^ The babes with their Momma Gigi ^^^




^^^ Baby girl had a hard time sleeping Saturday. ^^^
For the majority of her nap that day, 
I stood by her crib with my hand ready to pop her paci back in her mouth.


^^^ Macklin's first selfie ^^^


^^^ Sitting all by her pretty little self on the couch ^^^



^^^ Macklin reminds me so much of my bro in this picture ^^^
Look at how GG adores him!


^^^ Nighttime handholding ^^^





^^^ Driving by the wind farms on our way home ^^^
















No comments: